Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Breakfast In Burgdorf

I woke up next morning, to discover the beautiful city of Burgdorf outside my window.  The church steeple in the distance, quaint Swiss homes, the sound of a river flowing nearby, the castle walls near the church, pine trees and oak trees, lush green lawns. June is a wonderful time to be in Switzerland. Below me lay a beautiful garden, with apple trees, and berries. Raajesh gave me a tour of their garden. Lettuce, rhubarbs, cherries, apples, raspberries, strawberries, flower beds of roses & poppies, basil, rosemary, oregano, poppies, lavender and many more. It was a delight to wake up to this.


The greenest garden, the brightest flowers, the freshest fruits. Raajesh &Yvonne treated me to the yummiest breakfast of half boiled egg with side of sausages, toast with spreads of cheese, butter, grainy mustard, nutella, homemade jams of kirsch, raspberries, strawberries and rhubarb and some freshly picked berries. A glass of homemade delicious hot caffe latte. It was the heavenliest way to start the day.


I was pleasantly surprised at the pace of my morning- taking my time just inhaling slowly, peacefully, with mouthfuls of yumminess. Could it be- that this is how life should be?  This was a piece of heaven that I got to share with my friends. That I had no such expectation of Switzerland and suddenly I was in love. And did I say thoroughly pampered..

Thank you so much Raajesh and Yvonne.

 

3 comments:

  1. I often get the "I should do that sometime" feeling when i look at other people's travel pictures. But rarely ever "I wish I were doing that instead of them" - slightly jealous feeling. I am feeling it now.

    May be it's what you said "May be this is how life should be" ... that feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading all this, I feel as if I have yet to do so much in life.........I am happy for you. And I am enjoying the way you write about your trip and experiences........Love you.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lovely space sharing your experiences...the garden pics look awesome...and friends that make your day

    Super Yummy Recipes

    ReplyDelete