Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Midsummer's Night's Dream...

Oh so it felt like one when I got to this strange location. We had to cross abandoned rail tracks, hike downhill through the forest, walk through tall grass meadows, along side a creek, cross this strong metallic grill bridge and along a narrow path through the forest to a clear opening under the trees where you could hear repetitive beats with people swaying slightly to the music. There was a definitive smoke in the air and a general sense of looseness. I walked around the groups of people- listening to them talk in a language alien to me. The sun was bright and beautiful. I did not know Berlin would be like this. I thought it would be more cult. It felt like a gossamer elf's party. The sun shining on the blonde hair, people sitting on swings under the tree, flower children. It was like a dream. People dancing, talking,smoking, drinking, making love. All to repetitive beats. I made some interesting friends here. How did I even end up here? Well Irene and Martina knew of many lovely parties that were happening and I just tagged along. But was surprised to find people interested in wanting to talk to me. Not strange questions about origins and India, but a general sense of excitement when I told them I had just arrived from Mumbai and on day two was at a Berlin party. I guess that made me tres cool (a term I picked from Amsterdam Lucas). I shall never forget these friends I made- they gave me a sense of what it would be like if I did belong there. It was easy, light and happy. Such was the day, and such should be life.










































4 comments:

  1. post modern flower child people ~! nicely written..reminds me of W H Davies's Leisure

    ReplyDelete
  2. A holy church, rings, a bouquet, a 3-floor wedding cake, lace wedding dress champagne, and the moving promise “ I do”, make up the happiest moment in one’s life. Then it is the wedding.
    lace wedding gowns
    A gorgeous wedding dress has been inside a girl’s dream since she was five years old. It is widely said that the bride is the most beautiful woman all over the world.
    Bridal gowns vary in different parts of the world. For example, cheap wedding dresses plus sizein traditional Chinese culture, the color red is regarded for centuries as the symbol of good luck; while in the Occident, wedding dresses 2012 a full-length white wedding dress is always associated with romance and sanctity. But, with the globalization, wedding dresses tend to be alike in the whole world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A holy church, rings, a bouquet, a 3-floor wedding cake, lace wedding dress
    champagne, and the moving promise “ I do”, make up the happiest moment in one’s life. Then it is the wedding.
    lace wedding gowns
    A gorgeous wedding dress has been inside a girl’s dream since she was five years old. It is widely said that the bride is the most beautiful woman all over the world.
    Bridal gowns vary in different parts of the world. For example, cheap wedding dresses plus sizein traditional Chinese culture, the color red is regarded for centuries as the symbol of good luck; while in the Occident, wedding dresses 2012 a full-length white wedding dress is always associated with romance and sanctity. But, with the globalization, wedding dresses tend to be alike in the whole world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheap-ass red wedding dress symbolize bloodshed of corporate America based on 3rd-world labor in pursuit of brainless, conformist consumers.

    ReplyDelete