When Ms. Cultured Purl looked at the ingredients I had- she scowled and said I eat this for breakfast everyday- there is nothing special about this. "Will you take a bite" I asked. Maybe she replied haughtily and walked off helping herself to a bowl of Natural's Chikoo icecream. Oh well.
So here is how I satisfied my craving. I'm still not sure what to call this dish. Maybe you can suggest.
2 apples peeled, cored and cubed
Yogurt- I used a mix of Vanilla yogurt (Danone) and home made fresh yogurt which was of perfect consistency and sweetness.
15-20 Bittersweet chocolate chips
2 spoons of Honey
A pad of Butter
A sprinkle of cinnamon powder
1. In a non stick pan heat some butter. Drizzle some honey and grate the ginger in the butter.
2. Add the diced apples and stir till the honey butter is well coated.
3. Zest some lemon and sprinkle some cinammon powder. Cook the apples till they are brown.
3. In a bowl drizzle some honey and with a back of a spoon spread it evenly in the base of the bowl.
Now for the masala chai. I know everyone has expertise on the kind of chai they drink and make. I love this lovely crisp masala tea.
5-7 blk pepper
Sugar as per taste
1. Heat the water according to the number of cups of tea.
1. My sister did eat and really enjoyed this snack. One bite and she said this is nothing like breakfast she makes. Mom wanted to lick the bowl clean.
2. The Danone yogurt was part of a basket of Danone yogurt sent to me to review the yogurt. I have never done product reviews and don't intend to (not unless Im totally crazy about the product like Sriracha). The yogurt tasted decent like any artificially flavoured yogurt. I love fresh yogurt that mom or Jai make.
Hope you enjoy this treat.