300 g flour
6 g salt
50 g butter, melted
150 ml water
- - - - - - - -
200 g butter, for the tourage
300 g sugar
1 litre water
500 ml milk
1 vanilla bean (pod)
4 egg yolks
125 g sugar
30 g flour
30 g cornstarch (corn flour)
Truffle flavored caramel sauce
100 g sugar
20 g glucose
120 ml whipping cream
truffles, cut into brunoise
Creamy vanilla ice-cream
400 ml milk
13 g powdered milk
50 g egg yolks
90 g sugar
20 g Trimoline (inverted sugar)
1.5 g stabiliser
1 vanilla bean (pod)
70 ml whipping cream (35% fat)
100 g banana
70 g flour
1. Puff pastry: Make a classic puff pastry with 6 turns, chill until needed.
2. Roll out the pastry and cut out pear shapes. Bake in the oven preheated to 170°C for 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Poached pears: Make a sugar syrup with the sugar and water. Peel the pears, brush with
lemon juice and poach in the sugar syrup; drain and cool. Cut the pears in half lengthways,
slice and fan each half. Sprinkle pears with sugar and caramelize in a frying pan.
4. Pastry cream: Put milk and vanilla in a heavy-based saucepan and bring to a boil. Set aside.
Combine egg yolks and sugar in a large heatproof bowl and beat until pale yellow and thick.
Whisk in flour and cornstarch. Remove the vanilla bean (pod) from the milk and then whisk the
milk into the egg/sugar mixture and return to the saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat,
whisking constantly, simmer 1 minute. Remove from heat and spread pastry cream in a
shallow pan, cover with plastic wrap, leave to cool.
5. Truffle flavored caramel sauce: Prepare a dry caramel with the sugar and glucose. Stop the
cooking by adding boiling cream. Add half the truffle brunoise, set aside.
6. Creamy vanilla ice cream: Prepare the creamy vanilla ice-cream mix, churn in an ice machine
7. Crispy tuile: Use a metal spatula to mash the banana on a marble work surface. Incorporate
the flour. Spread the batter onto a greased silicone mat and bake in the oven preheated to 190-
200°C. Shape on a rolling pin while still hot.
8. To serve: Spread a little pastry cream onto pear shaped puff pastry, top with a caramelized
pear half. Place a quenelle of vanilla ice cream to one side and pour truffle flavored caramel
sauce onto the other. Place a crispy tuile above the pear and sprinkle with remaining truffle